- Native of Greensboro, NC
- Married with two teenage sons
- Virginia Episcopal School (high school), Lynchburg, VA 1974
- NC State University, Raleigh, NC – BA in Business Management 1984
- Monumental Life Insurance Company, Baltimore, MD – Employee Benefits Counselor (traveled nationwide) 1984-1986
- Cushman & Wakefield, Greensboro, NC – Industrial/Technology Group Broker 1986-1989
- Hagan Properties Incorporated, Greensboro, NC – Founder & CEO 1989-2014
- Global Real Estate Firm, Greensboro, NC – Senior Vice President, Brokerage Services 2014 – present
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) – Industrial Specialist and Office Specialist
Prior clients include:
- Analog Devices, Coca-Cola, FedEx, General Electric & Polo Ralph Lauren
David has a strong commitment to giving back to both his profession and community. He is a past President of the SIOR Foundation, a past Chair of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro Board of Visitors and a past Chair of the Development Committee of the Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro. David was a member of the Capital Campaign Committees for the YWCA of Greensboro, Say Yes to Education Guilford, Senior Resources and the Historic Carolina Theatre.
In addition to his ongoing career in commercial real estate, David is passionate about helping young adults (particularly 17 – 24 year old men) help each other make better choices to insure their mutual health, happiness, safety and success. As an undergraduate at NC State, David served as both the Vice President and President of his fraternity. He has remained actively involved as an alumnus and recently completed a four-year term as a volunteer Regional Vice President for his national fraternity. In that role, he was directly responsible for all 14 Chapters in North Carolina comprised of approximately 650 undergraduate men. For 6 semesters in a row, he made a personal commitment to visit every chapter at least once each semester resulting in over 100 chapter visits during his term. As David shares in his presentation, he struggled in college himself and fully understands the challenges all students face as young adults. Like 3,500 plus men from over 40 schools and camps have agreed, your students will enjoy his unconventional message for its simplicity and its power to transform their lives for the better.